From the Blog
Some of the wait is finally over for Princess Chelsea fans. Eastern Europe is breathing a sigh of relief today as her new single 'No Church On Sunday' is premiered on Stereogum.Princess Chelsea has teamed up with Mermaid Avenue / Mom + Pop Records to release We're So Lost and No Church on Sunday as singles in North America.You c...
By The Chief 4 weeks ago
- jihmns @lilchiefrecords been listening to a LOT of Tokey Tones lately about 12 hours ago
- oktivida menggambar, temanku menghabiskan malam. inspired by: Princess Chelsea - We're So Lost. http://t.co/QQTsZrSTfd 1 day ago
- izabelmimi Please don't drink so much, drinking is bad for your heart ♪ https://t.co/alLQq2uB9V princess chelsea "Too Fast To Live " わたしのストライク音楽♡ 1 day ago
- unicornfelicia The Eversons - Marriage: http://t.co/XtGTw1y79U hayat ve ben 1 day ago
- lilgoldenbook a guy in a fedora jus called me a goddess 1 day ago
The Icypoles, four gals who call Melbourne home but might just as easily shimmy into a Godard dance scene or serve up a slice of pie at the Double R Diner. They even conjure up a cover of the saucy Twin Peaks ballad "Just You"! The Icypoles set raw sentiment to the most bare-boned of arrangements: clear, wistful female vocal harmonies give way to playfully crafted bass, guitar and percussion interplay, like if Phil Spector were stripped of his Wall of Sound and started producing Marine Girls 45s. Highly recommended for fans of Camera Obscura, Julee Cruise and The Shirelles!
Sheep, Dog and Wolf is the solo project of nineteen year old multi-instrumentalist, Daniel McBride. As Sheep, Dog and Wolf, McBride creates experimental pop which blends orchestrated arrangements and layered vocals with influences that extend all the way from Norwegian Jazz, Tokyo new jazz to Math Rock and Electronica.
The Primrose Path is Jonathan Bree's first solo album since a career with the Brunettes that has seen the band release 4 albums and 4 eps. It is a dark and personal album that seems to examine the insecurities associated with feeling crap, irrelevant and over 30, often centered around the waning magic of a long term relationship. Whereas The Brunettes would often hide adult themes behind pop culture references and double entendres, The Primrose Path is very lyrically direct and at times uncomfortably honest.