From the Blog
Nick Harte of the Shocking Pinks recently did a mixtape for promisedmiracles.com - and the closing track just happens to be Scott Mannion of The Tokey Tones solo debut. 'You Are The Substance That I Can't Live Without' is the first single from an album Scott is working on at the mome...
By Princess Chelsea 6 weeks ago
- EduardoCoffee Me gustó un video de @YouTube http://t.co/F60jMWPLhe Pikachunes - Nervous 1 day ago
- HoaryOldGoat More Princess Chelsea. She's rather good. http://t.co/H83MXaMUk5 http://t.co/lZwgBi0Ujt 1 day ago
- alihanhan Princess Chelsea - Caution Repetitive: http://t.co/2ISZ8HYHy5 1 day ago
- inscanimyaa Princess Chelsea - The Cigarette Duet: http://t.co/Ahs5oEcDGM @YouTube aracılığıyla 2 days ago
- 0kanHizarci Princess Chelsea - The Cigarette Duet: http://t.co/t6A9BZF4s8 Günde 10 Defa Dinliyorumm 2 days ago
The Icypoles, four gals who call Melbourne home but might just as easily shimmy into a Godard dance scene or serve up a slice of pie at the Double R Diner. They even conjure up a cover of the saucy Twin Peaks ballad "Just You"! The Icypoles set raw sentiment to the most bare-boned of arrangements: clear, wistful female vocal harmonies give way to playfully crafted bass, guitar and percussion interplay, like if Phil Spector were stripped of his Wall of Sound and started producing Marine Girls 45s. Highly recommended for fans of Camera Obscura, Julee Cruise and The Shirelles!
Sheep, Dog and Wolf is the solo project of nineteen year old multi-instrumentalist, Daniel McBride. As Sheep, Dog and Wolf, McBride creates experimental pop which blends orchestrated arrangements and layered vocals with influences that extend all the way from Norwegian Jazz, Tokyo new jazz to Math Rock and Electronica.
The Primrose Path is Jonathan Bree's first solo album since a career with the Brunettes that has seen the band release 4 albums and 4 eps. It is a dark and personal album that seems to examine the insecurities associated with feeling crap, irrelevant and over 30, often centered around the waning magic of a long term relationship. Whereas The Brunettes would often hide adult themes behind pop culture references and double entendres, The Primrose Path is very lyrically direct and at times uncomfortably honest.