From the Blog
Princess Chelsea has begun a tour of her homeland and yesterday she appeared on the front page of the national newspaper:Read the full article!You can hear a new track, "Too Many Peopl...
By Gareth 2 months ago
- Unimercess Hmmmm.... Princess Chelsea https://t.co/N3mi3yQd0X 1 day ago
- EcemKisalar Princess Chelsea - Too Many People https://t.co/WbnVpgDH2h 1 day ago
- mariuhdiamandis wow I just realized princess chelsea has a pandora station and IM SO HAPPY OMG 2 days ago
- WeddingBellsDJ The Eversons - Marriage http://t.co/n2ib2EX8mx 2 days ago
- mateocastillafl TEMAZO de Jonathan Bree! Gracias Spotify ♫ http://t.co/AcZyJYAztv 2 days ago
Building upon the success of her 2011 debut Lil' Golden Book, which spawned the internet sensation "The Cigarette Duet" (which has racked up nearly twenty million hits on YouTube), the new album is a sparkling, glittering epic, weaving layers upon layers of synths to create a fantastical universe that is out of this world.
"It's 4am music. The music is darker but there's still a little optimism in there somewhere," says singer Lucy Botting. "But only if you really look for it." "My favourite song on the album, 'Brute', is a story about two people living alone trying hard to love each other. When Darian first showed it to me I wasn't sure how I felt about it, it's so sad. In the recording I sing about the darker side of relationships, the admiration and fear you can hold towards someone," says Lucy.
The Icypoles, four gals who call Melbourne home but might just as easily shimmy into a Godard dance scene or serve up a slice of pie at the Double R Diner. They even conjure up a cover of the saucy Twin Peaks ballad "Just You"! The Icypoles set raw sentiment to the most bare-boned of arrangements: clear, wistful female vocal harmonies give way to playfully crafted bass, guitar and percussion interplay, like if Phil Spector were stripped of his Wall of Sound and started producing Marine Girls 45s. Highly recommended for fans of Camera Obscura, Julee Cruise and The Shirelles!