From the Blog
- lilgoldenbook me and singer from dandy warhols have same hairstyle now 4 days ago
- rococohappiness Well deserved https://t.co/3kaiX6Ve3i 8 days ago
- GarethShute This is pretty damn impressive... https://t.co/kx5iBKploR 8 days ago
- RadioOne91FM ON AIR: @oskrego talks to Jonathan Bree (@lilchiefrecords) | https://t.co/6BUNVOYzzX https://t.co/3a3WZJz6WJ 9 days ago
- lilgoldenbook What are these real estate agents doing on my fridge https://t.co/qJYxmVv2ag 10 days ago
The Ruby Suns, the band-ish pseudonym of nomadic Californian-New Zealander Ryan McPhun, return after four years with a brilliant and ambitious new record Sprite Fountain. It began in earnest upon moving to Oslo, Norway from Auckland in 2013's twilight with impending fatherhood tapping him on the shoulder. A slowly ripening thing, it was made amidst child rearing and touring with NZ pals Lawrence Arabia and remixing, recording and touring with Norwegian acts like Snasen, Heyerdahl and Beezewax.
Lil' Chief Records is delighted to present Aftertouch: a collection of covers by Princess Chelsea recorded between 2010-2016.
Chelsea uses covers as a way to experiment with production and arrangement ideas in between albums and Aftertouch is a curious invitation to hear the development of a musical palette over five years. It features covers by local New Zealand artists Lawrence Arabia, an unreleased Disasteradio song (Aftertouch) and songs by Marianne Faithfull, Lucinda Williams, Nirvana, and of course Elvis Presley.