From the Blog
Lil' Chief is please to announce the release of the new Wet Wings mini-album, Willow Peak.Wet Wings will play in Wellington, Auckland, and Christchurch in July/August with a full 5-piece band. The party will be louder than the former two-piece’s Casiotone and vocal-loop-centric shows.Songwriter Darian Woods says while the l...
By Gareth 24 days ago
- DELLAOCTANIA We're so Lost by Princess Chelsea — https://t.co/Jby99itfoX 1 day ago
- BeckettMichele Princess Chelsea - Black Sabbath (Sick cover, live at the Sebright Arms 25/05/2013) http://t.co/52NSpXO8gK via @youtube 1 day ago
- beautycass666 He añadido un vídeo a una lista de reproducción de @YouTube (http://t.co/bHQ1F5BYrs - Princess Chelsea - Ice Reign). 1 day ago
- kartonkafa Kedi tadında paylaşımlar Princess Chelsea - Yulia http://t.co/gUc2eJvnKW 2 days ago
- domenicmigliore I liked a @YouTube video http://t.co/PY1IMAniIs Happy Birthday Laura Palmer (Princess Chelsea - And I love Her) 2 days ago
The Icypoles, four gals who call Melbourne home but might just as easily shimmy into a Godard dance scene or serve up a slice of pie at the Double R Diner. They even conjure up a cover of the saucy Twin Peaks ballad "Just You"! The Icypoles set raw sentiment to the most bare-boned of arrangements: clear, wistful female vocal harmonies give way to playfully crafted bass, guitar and percussion interplay, like if Phil Spector were stripped of his Wall of Sound and started producing Marine Girls 45s. Highly recommended for fans of Camera Obscura, Julee Cruise and The Shirelles!
Sheep, Dog and Wolf is the solo project of nineteen year old multi-instrumentalist, Daniel McBride. As Sheep, Dog and Wolf, McBride creates experimental pop which blends orchestrated arrangements and layered vocals with influences that extend all the way from Norwegian Jazz, Tokyo new jazz to Math Rock and Electronica.
The Primrose Path is Jonathan Bree's first solo album since a career with the Brunettes that has seen the band release 4 albums and 4 eps. It is a dark and personal album that seems to examine the insecurities associated with feeling crap, irrelevant and over 30, often centered around the waning magic of a long term relationship. Whereas The Brunettes would often hide adult themes behind pop culture references and double entendres, The Primrose Path is very lyrically direct and at times uncomfortably honest.